Design & Technology: Product Design (Textiles) A-Level at Simon Balle All-through School
This course encourages both the theoretical and creative aspects of textiles technology. It will develop your capacity to design and make textile products and to appreciate the relation between design, materials, manufacturing and marketing.
You will have the opportunity to design and make a textile product in both years of the course. Options include: fashion, accessories, furnishings, and decorative textiles.
In both AS and A2 years, 50% of the marks derive from a piece of internally assessed coursework and 50% from an externally marked examination.
Are you interested in:
- Being creative and using your imagination to design and produce textiles?
- Learning new and developing existing skills and techniques?
- Using theatre, fashion shows, galleries and other primary sources to help you to develop your work?
Leading to opportunities in:
- Graphic design
- Fashion & textile retail management
- Career in textile industry
- Fashion and textile design
To study this subject you will need a minimum of grade B in Art, Textiles or any D&T subject at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Simon Balle All-through School directly.