Mechanical Engineering Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you interested in pursuing an exciting career in Mechanical Engineering? This course provides you with the introductory skills and knowledge to prepare you for work in a variety of engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
- 2 GCSEs grade D or above in any subject or equivalent qualifications
- Suitability to the course displayed in an interview with the course tutor where your experience in the subject area, enthusiasm and willingness to learn will be considered
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portffolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination
This programme provides you with a number of ways to progress.
You may choose to begin your career by taking up an apprenticeship in an engineering firm. Or you could proceed onto an advanced course with Grŵp Llandrillo Menai:
Mechanical Engineering Level 3, available at:
Engineering (Engineering) Level 3, available at:
Apprenticeships, Technicians & Engineers in:
- CNC Programmer
- Power & Energy
- Wind Turbine
Programme code: 0401A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.