Level 3 GCE AS Level in Psychology FTS at Chesterfield College
A-Level Psychology is a science, along with Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. It involves studying physiology and the nervous system and it involves analysing data. Psychology allows you to understand yourself and others around you. It looks at the biological and psychological causes of behaviour. It is a fascinating course but it is challenging. Topics covered:
- cognitive psychology - all about our memories
- developmental psychology - attachments to mother as a child etc
- social psychology - how we conform and obey
- biological factors including stress
- forensic psychology - offender profiling
- methods used in psychological research to learn how psychologists do their work
Ideally you will be achieving at least 5 A*-C grades at GCSE (or equivalent), achieving a B in your science subjects. This should include GCSE Maths and English.
Yes - If it's your first full Level 3 and you're aged 19-23 your course is funded otherwise Advanced learner loans are available
You will be able to progress to university level study or on to employment.
'• Where costs are quoted in this document they are correct at the time of publication, but may be changed• Timetables are given as an indication only, these may vary• Weeks shown are the maximum number expected• The formation of a class is conditional
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.