Extended Project Qualification at Polam Hall School
Running in conjunction with the Enrichment programme, students will be offered the opportunity to enter for the Extended Project qualification. It comprises a single piece of work, of the student’s choosing, that shows evidence of planning, preparation, research and autonomous working. It is equivalent to an AS qualification, and provides a tool kit of skills that better prepares students for higher education and employment.
- Identifies, plans and completes an individual project, applying organisational skills and strategies to meet the stated objectives.
- Obtains and selects information, analyses data appropriately to solve problems.
- Takes decisions critically, creatively and flexibly.
- Achieves planned outcomes.
- Evaluates outcomes.
- Selects and uses a range of communication skills and media to convey and present outcomes and conclusions.
- Keeps a log.
- Submits a written report of between 1000 and 5000 words.
This work is overseen by a supervisor.
The minimum entry requirement for Advanced Level study is 6 A* - C grades. Students’ GCSEs must include Mathematics and English at least at Grade C. 4/3 subjects at AS level are usually studied in the first year.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Polam Hall School directly.