Hospitality and Catering City and Guilds Level 1 at Derwentside College
This course will increase your practical skills and enable you to acquire more knowledge about basic preparation and cookery methods including all aspects of food and beverage service in relation to the Catering Industry.
- Food Preparation and Cooking (RWE and Practical)
- Food and Beverage (RWE and Practical)
- Functional Skills
- Work Experience
- An interest in the Catering & Hospitality Industry
- GCSE grades E/F
- Initial Basic Skills Assessment results at Entry Level -
- An Entry Certificate in Skills for Working Life or
- Life Skills or
- other Entry Level 3 qualifications
- An appropriate standard of English and Maths
The assessment takes place over a period of time and is based on the individual’s competence. . You will be formally assessed in the college restaurant, and will build up a portfolio of work to support your learning.
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma Professional Cookery/Food and Beverage Service -
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Services - Other Level 2 Further Education Courses
- Apprenticeships or employment in the Hospitality and Catering Sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.