Sport - Cambridge Technicals - Sport and Physical Activity at Allerton High School
This course is equivalent in size to one A Level. You will study 5 units, 3 of which are mandatory and 2 are optional. Mandatory content is 66% of the course and external assessment is 42%.
This course is designed to give learners a basic grounding in understanding and knowledge of the sport and active leisure sector. Students should be actively involved in sport and be interested in careers in the sports industry.
Candidates must complete 5 units, 3 of which are mandatory and 2 are optional. The 3 mandatory units are:-
- Body Systems and the Effects of Physical Activity (externally assessed)
- Sport Organisation and Development (externally assessed)
- Sports Coaching and Leadership (internally assessed)
Optional Units which will be chosen by the school include:-
- Performance Analysis in Sport and Exercise
- Organisation of Sports Events
- Biomechanics and Movement Analysis
- Physical Activity for Specific Groups
- Nutrition and Diet for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Practical Skills in Sport and Physical Activities
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport and Exercise Sociology
You will require a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades 9-4 or equivalent including English, Maths and PE or a Pass in Cambridge Technicals.
Units are either centre assessed or assessed by external source. There will be timetabled exams. The full award is the equivalent of 1 A Level and is graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. The full 2 year course must be completed to receive the award.
This course is for you if you have ever had these thoughts:-
I would like to pursue a career in the fitness industry.
I would like to pursue a career in coaching or sports leadership.
I would like to progress to a higher education qualification in a specific sport related area.
For More Information please contact Mrs Sammon at Allerton High School on 0113 2034770.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.