Business Studies BTEC Level 3 at Oldershaw Academy
- Develop an enthusiasm for studying business
- Acquire a range of business and generic skills, including decision making, problem solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis
- Gain an holistic understanding of business
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- Generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- Be aware of ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
- Apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts
This qualification has four themes:
Theme 1 – Marketing and People
Theme 2 – Managing Business Activities
Theme 3 – Business Decisions and Strategy
Theme 4 – Global Business
Students will be introduced to business in Themes 1 and 2 by building knowledge of core business concepts and applying them to real world business contexts to develop a broad understanding of how businesses work. Themes 3 and 4 will widen and deepen the students’ business knowledge and understanding, with the application to a wider range of contexts and more complex business information, taking a more strategic view of business opportunities and issues.
The course requires you to have a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including English and Maths.
Students will apply their knowledge and understanding to real-life business contexts examining issues that impact on modern businesses. You will develop transferable skills such as communication, understanding of the business environment, numeracy and commercial awareness that support higher education study and leads to employment.
Higher Education Progress Route
- Business Management
- Accountancy and Finance
- International Business
- Tourism Management
Employment Route includes a wide range of careers such as:
- General Management
- Sales or Product Management
- Working in the Public Sector or Charities
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oldershaw Academy directly.