Health & Social Care BTEC Extended Diploma - Level 3 at Redcar & Cleveland College
Equivalent to three A levels, this course gives an established university entry qualification and will also provide the pathway into a range of exciting careers including: Nursing, Social Work, Criminology, Paramedics, Social Sciences, Radiography, and Occupational Therapy. You will study: equality and diversity; health and safety; development through life stages; and much more.
Work placements will be organised to provide students with the opportunities to link theoretical knowledge into a practical setting.
To provide a recognised qualification for those wanting to work in a Health & Social Care setting. The programme provides you with a recognised qualification for entry into Higher Education.
Students will obtain the Extended Diploma on completion of eighteen units consisting of core units and specialised units.
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development through the Life Stages
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care.
- All applicants must display a genuine interest in working in the care sector.
- Applicants must have 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, one of which must be English, or a BTEC Level 2 in Health & Social Care with an average grade of ‘merit’ or equivalent plus English at Level 2.
The course is designed to integrate all the areas of study, emphasising the importance of linking theoretical knowledge to practical settings. Throughout the programme students are continually assessed using a variety of methods eg assignments, practical assignments, presentations etc.
Functional Skills in Maths and English will be externally assessed.
The Diploma can provide a route to Higher Education eg Nursing, Physiotherapy or other health related courses. Leavers who are intending to progress into a profession linked to radiography or physiotherapy are likely to benefit from having GCSE passes in both maths and science.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.