Floristry- Level 2 Diploma at Plumpton College
A professional and commercial floristry qualification suitable for complete beginners to floristry (equivalent to A-C GCSE Level). It offers a foundation programme for a rewarding and worthwhile career.
The course offers a modular programme with each unit building towards the completion of the Diploma. Alternatively, an Award and Certificate can be gained with fewer credits.
The course is suitable for school leavers or adults interested in a career change. Applicants should demonstrate a clear interest in the subject as well as art
and design skills. The programme consists of 10 units with each consisting of practical and theory content. Written assignments are set for each unit. 21 Practical timed assessments also need to be passed.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Floristry
- College award, Functional Skills or GCSEs in English and Maths
- 40 hours’ work experience - mandatory
- Identification and processing of cut materials and pot plants (8 credits)
- Introduction to art and design for florists (6 credits)
- Introduction to plant processes and planted design (4 credits)
- Hand tied and presentation designs (6 credits)
- Funeral and sympathy designs (10 credits)
- Floral design(10 credits)
- Basic wedding designs and accessories (12 credits)
- Display of goods (6 credits)
- Introduction to working in the industry (8 credits)
- Introduction to function decorating (6 credits)
- Multiple choice test
- Health and Safety additional qualifications (Manual handling, safe working practices)
- English & Maths
- You’ll need to have achieved 3 or more GCSEs between Grade A-D (new grades 9-3)
- Successful completion of a related Level 1 qualification and having studied GCSE English and Maths
- Mature students without the above requirements will be considered
- 16-18 exempt
- 16-18 exempt
- Cost for day students- £120 per year
- Cost for residential students- £200 per year
The facility fee is applicable to all our full time FE students and this is paid annually before you arrive for your enrolment and induction. This fee assists in providing non-educational facilities which include security, sports amenities, membership of the Sports and Social Club, minibuses, Wi Fi access, television room, on-site medical support and free car parking subject to availability.
For students aged 19 plus please contact Admissions for further fee information:
Please note there will be an additional cost for flowers, this will be finalised upon enrolment.
After completing your course, you can choose to go on to study a Level 3 in Floristry or an advanced apprenticeship.
Alternatively, you may choose to take your NCFE Creative Craft in Advanced Wedding & Specialist Function Flowers.
Course duration is 3 days per week for 1 year.
We’re truly fortunate to have the beautiful natural surroundings of our Plumpton estate and the South Downs to give inspiration for all of our courses. You’ll be able to enjoy our extensive grounds and horticulture facilities, all conveniently located for your course.
- The perfect working location for your studies
Extensive estate grounds and horticulture greenhouses for you to discover at Plumpton, the ideal location for identifying and creating displays from our indoor and outdoor plants.
- Modern floristry classrooms in a natural environment
You’ll find our classes a great inspiration for your floral creations. Helping you to develop your skills in a modern and comfortable environment.
- Excellent support from experienced staff
You’ll discover great support from our experienced lecturers. Their focus is on making all of your lectures challenging but enjoyable too!
- Grow your knowledge on our course visits
As part of many of our courses, we offer visits to New Covent Garden, local garden centres and wholesalers, plus to the bulb fields of Holland.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.