Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2 Intermediate Diploma at Hertford Regional College
As an apprentice, you could work for a dealership and focus on a particular manufacturer, or work for an independent garage that deals with many different makes of vehicles.
You’ll be working in a service technician type role, carrying out routine maintenance and basic repairs, as well as identifying and reporting faults. Vehicle repair is challenging, hands-on work – every vehicle will present a new problem to solve. You’ll also need good communication skills in order to explain everything to the customer. But you’ll feel satisfied when the job’s done and that car is back on the road
The Apprenticeship will include a QCF qualification, which covers knowledge and competency and Functional Skills.
A contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week - to include time at college - for the duration of the Apprenticeship and be paid at least the Apprenticeship national minimum wage. Additional requirements to be discussed
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded within the Apprenticeship
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and Mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.