Engineering BTEC L3 Subsidiary Diploma at North Lindsey College
This course is aimed that those learners who wish to undertake a career in electrical or mechanical engineering within a technical field. This programme also supports an advanced apprenticeship scheme. The equivalent of an A Level, this qualification can be carried out in conjunction with AS or A2 Level subjects in the STEM Academy for a full time learner or the level 2 performing engineering operations qualification.
- You will undertake 6 units:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Principles and Application of Electrical Devices and Circuits
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
4 GCSEs at grade C and above including Mathematics, English and Science.
You will be assessed through a range of college set and assessed assignments throughout the academic year covering all the modules listed above.
This course offers progression to employment in the engineering sector or onto the Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Engineering and then onto higher education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.