Health and Social Care - Level 2 at South Devon College
The intermediate apprenticeship in Health and Social Care is ideal if you are looking to gain a qualification within this dynamic field whilst earning. You could be working in a nursing home, day care centre or hospital. The apprenticeship includes training within the workplace, with supporting theory delivered at the College for one day per week. After two years of study, successful apprentices will gain the following qualifications from City and Guilds: Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care, Diploma in Health and Social Care and functional skills for maths and English (if not already achieved).
What will I learn?
- The role of the health and social worker
- Understanding person-centred care
- Principles of infection prevention and control
- Causes of spread of infection
- Principles of safeguarding
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Implementation of duty of care
- Engaging in personal development
- Promotion of good practice in handling information
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
- You will need to complete a DBS Check
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.