Applied Science BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Tower Hamlets College
The BTEC Extended National Diploma is equivalent to studying 3 A Levels over 2 years. The biggest difference is that the main mode of studying is through practical work and coursework, with no exam element. Students build up a portfolio of work upon which
they are graded.
The course offers comprehensive coverage of key scientific principles as well as laboratory and analytical skills. Modules cover Physics, Biology and Chemistry, and always include applying this to the work of a scientist in health-related fields, engineering or other areas of industry.
Universities and employers really value BTEC students because of their confidence in practical work, their ability to complete work to deadlines, and the skills they develop in working as part of a team.
At Tower Hamlets College we have chosen a wide range of topics to ensure the biggest possible range of progression options at the end of the course – whether that is to work or to further study.
- How science can be used at work, including units in Biology, Physics & Chemistry
- Practical work and experiments
- Build a portfolio of coursework
- At least 5 GCSEs grade A* - C
- Grade C or above in English, Maths, Science
- A range of options are available at university level from Pure Sciences to Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Forensic Science and Social Sciences (for example Psychology)
- Train as a lab technician
- Other science-related careers
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tower Hamlets College directly.