Business Studies A-Level at Coppice Performing Arts School
The new A Level course is available to any student, whether or not you have studied Business previously. This course will enable candidates to:
- Investigate different types of organisations in various business sectors and environments, recognising that they face varying degrees of competition
- Identify Business problems
- Plan appropriate investigations into such problems
- Promote a holistic understanding of Business and Enterprise
- Make justifiable decisions using both qualitative methods, taking into account opportunity cost.
The aims of this course are to encourage candidates to:
- Develop an enthusiasm for studying Business
- Gain a holistic understanding of Business
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- Understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- Generate enterprising and creative solutions to Business problems and issues
- Be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
- Acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision making, problem solving, challenging assumptions and quantifying and managing information.
- If you are looking to enhance your career prospects, wanting to go on to further study in Business or want to develop skills and understanding that are directly relevant to the business world, then A Level Business is for you.
Course details & assessment:
The course is assessed through three examinations which includes data response questions short answer and extended open response questions. All exams are sat at the end of Year 13. All examinations will be based on pre-release case studies or knowledge developed in lessons.
The minimum entry requirement for Level 3 study is 5 GCSEs A*-C including English and Mathematics; these should be in at least 4 different subjects. You will receive guidance about which pathway will be most suited to your needs which will be based on your anticipated GCSE Point Score. If you have a higher Point Score you will be encouraged to take a more academic route and if your Point Score is lower you may wish to choose a more vocational pathway. However, these options will be discussed in your admission interview.
Specific entry requirements:
Five A* - B GCSE’s, including English, Maths and Business if you studied it. Students who have completed any BTEC course must achieve at least Merit or higher.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Coppice Performing Arts School directly.