Accounting AS Level at Handsworth Wood Girls' Academy
You will learn the basis of financial accounting in preparing a sole trader and partnership final accounts including an extended trial balance. You will develop an understanding of the double-entry system and develop skills in keeping accurate accounting records. You will learn how to verify the accuracy of accounting records. You also have to understand the basis of management accounting. This will provide valuable information for measuring and monitoring business performance and for planning future business operations.
Unit 1: Introduction to Financial Accounting
Unit 2: Financial and Management Accounting
A grade B in GCSE Mathematics is required for this course.
· AS-Level: Unit 1 and 2: Each 1 ½ hour written exam containing four compulsory questions. Each paper is 50 % AS Level.
· Level 2 AAT – 5 assessments during course.
A grade D or better enables you to continue onto the second year of the course to complete the A-Level qualification. Students who complete the AS-Level will find it a provides a useful addition to their qualifications which will aid them in their applications for a range of careers and university courses.
You will learn through a wide range of methodologies including:
· use of case studies to illustrate key concepts
· visits to workplaces to see how businesses actually work
· visits from and talks by employers in industry and commerce
· homework/past examination questions/research
· independent learning/self-directed learning
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Handsworth Wood Girls' Academy directly.