Sociology AS/A2 Level at Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College
In following this course students will :
- Acquire knowledge and a critical understanding of contemporary social processes and social changes.
- Appreciate the significance of theoretical and conceptual issues in sociological debate.
- Understand and evaluate sociological methodology and range of research method.
- Develop skills that enable individuals to focus on their personal identity, roles and responsibilities within society.
AS Unit G671 Exploring socialization culture and identity
- Formation of culture
- Process of socialization
- Exploring the research process
- Exploring the use of qualitative data
AS Unit G672 Topics in Socialisation, culture and identity
- Sociology of the family
- Key concepts and key trends within the family
- The role of the family in society
- Family diversity
A2 Unit G673 power and Control – Crime and Deviance
- The definition and measurement of crime and deviance
- Trends, patterns and explanations of crime and deviance
- Patterns and explanations of victimization
- The role of agents of social control in the construction of crime and deviance
- Solutions to the problem of crime
A2 Unit G674
- Social inequality and difference illustrated by the study of gender, class,ethnicity and age.
- Exploring sociological research on social inequality and difference
- 90 minutes exam based on content from G671 and pre-released contemporary sociological study. (June)
- 90 minutes exam based on sociology of the family (June)
- 90 minutes exam based on content from G673.(June)
- 2hour exam based on the content of G674 and on a piece of research on
- social inequality and difference (June).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College directly.