Hospitality and Catering City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
This course delivers the practical and theoretical knowledge required in order to succeed and progress within the industry. Not only will you cook and prepare food in our fully equipped kitchens, you will also learn how to serve guests to a high standard in our training restaurant, which is open to members of the public. You will also participate in local and national competitions.
This qualification covers all aspects of food and beverage service. It will deliver the main skills required to ensure an understanding of the role and meet the expectations of a future employer. You will gain valuable experience in the College’s Cider Orchard restaurant, where you will cook and serve first-class dishes to customers.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below:
- Health and Safety in Hospitality and Catering
- Prepare and Cook Meat
- Menu Knowledge and Design
- Catering Operations, Costs and Menu Planning
- 4 GCSEs at grade E or above (to include maths and English) or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Assessment is continuous, with assignments, observed practical assessments and short-answer testing, which is all based on realistic workplace situations. On assessment all units are graded and an overall grade awarded.
Study options may include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality and Catering – Professional Cookery
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Catering (Professional Cookery)
Employment options may include:
- Food and Beverage Personnel
- Chef and Cooks
- Event Catering
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.