Dental Nursing - Advanced Apprenticeship at Total People
- Principles and Theory of Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Additional Qualifications included within the course - First Aid at Work, Health and Safety
Length of the course – The Dental Nursing Diploma is funded for 2 years and consists of ongoing assessment within the workplace and 4 separate exam units. You will also be required to complete a portfolio of evidence to confirm your competence.
What you'll be doing
During the Apprenticeship you will cover areas such as:
- Health and Safety
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Dental Nurse
- First Aid Essentials
- Preparation and maintenance of the environments, instruments, and equipment for clinical dental procedure
- Oral Health Education
- Dental Caries, Periodontal Disease
- Crowns, Bridges and Dentures
- Cross Infection Control
Who is it for?
The role of a Dental Nurse is varied. Primarily a dental nurse provides chair side support for the clinical team. The team includes dentists, hygienists/therapists, clinical dental technicians and administration staff.
Dental Nurses can be employed in general practice, hospitals or the community dental services and can also train as a Dental Nurse in the armed forces.
- Advanced Apprenticeship - Level 3 Principles and Theory of Dental Nursing
In order to start a Dental Nursing Apprenticeship, you need to have a job or a placement in the industry as it is a work-based qualification.
There are many places that you can go to find a job; the Total People Website, the Apprenticeship Vacancies Website, local papers, Internet job sites and the Job Centre Plus.
An employer contribution of £345 + vat is required
Aged 24 and over
Total People require employers to make a contribution towards the cost for all learners aged 24 years and over, embarking on an Apprenticeship.
- For organisations with less than 1000 employees - £495 + vat
- For organisations with more than 1000 employees - £695 + vat
Please note: funding is unavailable for applicants who have attained a degree.
*Subject to eligibility - Please contact us for the exact cost
You can further your career by taking additional courses in:
- Impression Taking
- Applying Fluoride
- Oral Health Education
- Combined Diploma in Hygiene Therapy
Please visit our website for further information
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Total People directly.