Hairdressing Apprenticeship Intermediate at Derwentside College
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in hairdressing allows you to work in a salon while furthering your skills and knowledge of basic hairdressing skills.
- Advice and consultation
- Colouring Cutting
- Health & Safety
- Reception duties
- Long Hair work
- You must attend an interview with the course leader
- Working toward Level 1 Literacy, Numeracy or IT
- Must be prepared to study Functional Skills in Maths and/or English (additional support workshops are available)
- 100% attendance is expected
- Full dexterity
- Must be willing to give and receive all hairdressing treatments
- Must be employed in the hairdressing industry
Practical work is assessed through observation.
Assessment will take place continuously throughout the course.
You are required to complete a portfolio of evidence with case studies relating to hairdressing treatments.
Theory is assessed by online tests. Home study will be required on an ongoing basis to support your college work and revision.
On successful completion of this course, you can consider progression onto the Advanced Apprenticeship at level 3.
There are a range of good career opportunities available to you as a hairdresser with basic level 2 skills, such as:
- Working for yourself, some hairdressers decide to go freelance/mobile or work from home
- In-store hairdressing salons
- Working in small local salons
- TV, theatre and film
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.