Drama & Theatre Studies A Level at Highlands School
Drama and Theatre Studies aims to extend your knowledge, skills and understanding of drama and apply this to your own creative work. The emphasis is on working with play texts, improvisation, devised work and performing. Your studies will be done from the point of view of a director, designer, performer and critic and allows you to develop both your performance and analytical skills.
Grade B or better in an expressive arts subject
2 units at AS Level, including:
- The study of two contrasting plays in a practical, active way, creating both performance and notes about both plays. A monologue or duologue and group performance. A review about a live performance.
2 units at A2, including:
- You, as a performer and director, creating a unique and original piece of theatre. A written exam.
- Students on this course will be able to progress to study drama at universities and drama schools.
- The course opens up opportunities in the professional world of Arts Administration, Stage Management and other Arts related areas.
- Studying drama support applicants studying law, medicine and other career paths that rely on good communication skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highlands School directly.