Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This one year course with high standards is designed to provide a good knowledge of various subjects relating to Travel and Tourism.
This course is designed to give students the opportunity to gain a realistic idea of what a career in the Travel and Tourism sector can offer. If you are thinking of a career in the airline industry, tour operations or retail travel or any of the related travel and tourism industries this course may be the one for you.
- Travel aspect: Units such as The UK Travel and Tourism sector, UK Travel and tourism destinations, delivering the travel and tourism customer experience, and airports and airline.
- Literacy/Numeracy enhancement: You will take part in a personalised literacy and numeracy development programme
- Employability programme. A range of activities that will enhance your chances of employment after the course.
- GCSE: At least 4, graded A*-D including English and Maths
- BTEC: BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Travel(or related subject)
- Assessment in English and maths is required,
- Compulsory attendance at a Travel Information Event
- Applicants must also attend a taster day which is usually at the beginning of July.
There will be 2 externally assessed exams combined with internally assessed/externally verified assessments throughout the year.
Assessments will be both written and practical.
Students are required to complete a portfolio containing evidence of assignments, practical performance, presentations, group exercises and discussions.
There will be an exam for the literacy and numeracy enhancement aspect of the course.
Students who have a good student profile throughout the year may have the opportunity to progress on to our Level 3 study programme, whilst others may wish to enter employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.