Drama and Theatre Studies *FEES PAYABLE* at Akeley Wood Senior School
The specification aims to:
- Develop candidates' interest and enjoyment in drama and theatre both as a performer and an informed member of an audience
- Foster an enthusiasm for and a critical appreciation of the subject
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of the significance of social, cultural and historical influences on the development of drama and theatre
- Give candidates a range of opportunities to develop a variety of dramatic and theatrical skills
- Integrate theory and practice through their understanding of critical concepts and the discriminating use of terminology skills.
You need to have at least a C in English at GCSE level. No prior learning and experience in Drama is required. However, the specification is designed to allow candidates to progress and build on subject knowledge and skills previously experienced in Key Stage 3 Drama/ Drama GCSE. The course will enable candidates to further develop their ability to reflect on and evaluate their own work and the influence of playwrights/ practitioners. Their knowledge, understanding and skills will be enhanced by practical and theoretical components in research and performance. Otherwise there are no rigid course requirements.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Akeley Wood Senior School directly.