Music BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at Teignmouth Community School
This course is solely based upon your ability to perform music as a solo and within a group. The possibility of studying an Alevel in Music will be discussed with students at the beginning of the course.
- The course is purely coursework and there will be regular performance opportunities. - There is a compulsory unit ‘Music Performance Techniques’ and two specialist units of ‘solo performance techniques’ and ‘working and developing as a Music Ensemble’.
- There will then be a further 3 optional units chosen to fit the needs and skills of those who take the course. Options include: Composing music, Improvising Music, Live Music Workshop, Modern Music in Practice, Music in the Community, Musical Theatre Performance, Pop Music in Practice, Special Subject Investigation, Session Music Styles and many more.
- An ability to perform on your chosen instrument or voice. Prior performance is not necessary but might help most people.
- You do not need to have completed any prior music qualifications.
- You must be able to meet deadlines and work independently.
- You must have GCSE English grade 4 or above.
This course is designed to help you on your way to any job in the Music and Media Industry. These could include:
Music Business Management, Song writing/Composition, Music Education, Music Production, Music Engineering, Music Therapy, Tour Managers, Promotion/Marketing, Booking Agents, Studio Engineers, Music Journalist.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Teignmouth Community School directly.