Performing Arts BTEC Level 2 Certificate at Seevic College
Do you have a keen interest in the performing arts? This course will build on your existing knowledge and experience.
You will develop a range of performing skills and techniques plus the personal qualities and attitudes needed to work successfully within the performing arts industry. This one-year course is made up of seven units and will focus on:
- Acting Skills
- Performing Arts Industry
- Performing Scripted Plays
- Individual Showcase
- Preparation, Performance & Production
- Devising Performance
- Set Design for Performance.
General Entry Requirements
- At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language or Maths. At least one GCSE needs to be at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- You will need to attend an audition as part of the interview process.
You will be given opportunities to develop a wide range of skills, which relate to a range of areas within the performing arts industry. These skills are assessed through a range of practical and theoretical assignments designed to meet the objectives of the course.
You will be taught through practical workshops and discussions. Assessment is mainly based on practical exploration but there’s an element of theory in each of the units; coursework assignments and major projects will be externally assessed.
- Performance outfit – black t-shirt, leggings and plimsolls
- You will also be expected to attend relevant performances.
Successful completion of this one-year course will be recognised with a Level 2 BTECCertificate in Performing Arts. You will then be able to progress to a range of further study options at Level 3 or it will provide you with a stepping-stone into employment where previous experience is necessary.
- Excellent performing arts facilities including 200 seat Theatre plus modern, spacious drama and dance studios.
- A range of trips are organised, in order for you to develop your understanding of the performing arts.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.