VRQ Level 2 Diploma Hairdressing at Calderdale College
This course is designed for those who wish to learn the art of hairdressing and discover how to recreate styles seen on the catwalk and on your favourite celebrities. You will create an image based on a theme of your choice.
During the course you will learn, practice and perform on paying clients, a variety of treatments. All learners will be encouraged to use their own initiative and work more independently, whilst building their confidence and communication skills. All learners will work to industry standards. And you will have the opportunity to engage in one week’s work experience in industry.
- Shampoo & Condition Hair – apply all types of shampoo and conditioning products, suing various massage techniques
- Style & Finish – working on different hair lengths you will use various tools and blow drying techniques to straighten and smooth the hair, create volume and curl
- Change Hair Colour – you will learn to apply a re-growth and full head application of permanent colour and application of woven highlights
- Set & Dress Hair – use various types of setting and dressing techniques to create rolled effects, smooth effects and curled effects
- Cut Hair Using Basic Techniques – one length, layered and graduated cuts, including scissor over comb
Students must possess Level 1 Hairdressing or 4 GCSEs at grades D or above to include Maths and English. All will be interviewed, attend a Pre-Induction day which will assess dexterity, literacy and numeracy and you will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and good communication skills.
The course is based on development and assessment of practical skills and current industry knowledge based on an APL skills test and interview. Applicants must be prepared to work one day per week in industry and one separate block week during the course.
In most cases students aged 18 and under who wish to enrol on a full time further education course will have their fees waived. Students who are aged 19 and over and who wish to enrol on a full time course should contact our Student Services Team on 01422-399367 for more information.
On completion you will be able to progress on to either the
Level 3 VRQ in Hairdressing or the Advanced Apprenticeship to
further develop your skills to become a first class Hairdresser.
Please complete an application form and return it to us at the following freepost address:-
Calderdale College Central Admissions Unit, FREEPOST HX2 004, Francis Street, Halifax, HX1 3BR
or click on the link to apply online http://www.calderdale.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Calderdale College directly.