ICT Systems and Principles for IT Professionals Level 2 Diploma at Newham College of Further Education
You will be required to pass two exams for CompTIA A+ and a Microsoft Technology Associate exam from Microsoft, along with some additional units to achieve the Level 2 Diploma for IT Practitioners. You can therefore achieve multiple qualifications that are recognised worldwide. During the course you will develop an understanding in each of the following areas:
- Maintenance of PC's, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems and printers
- Networking both wired and wireless systems
- Working with latest hardware and software technologies
- Installing, configuring and administering hardware and software
- Working as an IT Technician in a professional environment You will learn in a variety of ways - through talks, demonstrations, by completing organised practical tasks, routine tests and studying independently.
You should be very familiar with the use of computers and Microsoft Windows systems to carry out intermediate to advanced user work. You should have a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent.
The qualifications are industry recognised and will tell an employer the level of your knowledge and ability within IT. Passing these qualifications will enable you to apply for various roles within the IT industry in positions such as, Helpdesk Support, Technical Support and Field Service Technicians. This qualification will enable you to boost your CV and stand out in today's competitive job market. It will also broaden your employment opportunities by displaying your advanced skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newham College of Further Education directly.