Art and Design A-Level at Kendrick Academy
These are Art, Craft and Design courses. The broad based art, craft and design title will enable students to explore a range of approaches to their studies. Work produced for this title will demonstrate the use of visual language and creative skills and will allow students to express their thinking, feelings, observations and ideas. Students will be encouraged to work and develop skills in a multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary way, exploring the connections between areas of art, craft and design and gaining knowledge and understanding of the scope and variety of disciplines and approaches.
The Art, Craft and Design course aims to encourage students to develop:
- Intellectual, imaginative, creative and intuitive capabilities
- Investigative, analytical, practical and expressive skills, aesthetic understanding and critical judgment
- Independence of mind in developing, refining and communicating their own ideas, their own intentions and their own personal outcomes
- Their experience of working with a broad range of media
- Knowledge and experience of real-world contexts and, were appropriate, links to the creative industries.
- An understanding of the relationship between art, craft and design and an awareness of contemporary and contextual study
- AS (1 year) Personal Investigation Component 50%; Externally Set Assignment 50%
- A Level (2 year) Personal Investigation Component 60%; Externally Set Assignment 40%
If you wish to continue studying Art & Design beyond “A” Level the next stage involves applying for a one year Foundation course which is designed to prepare you for entry to degree-level art and design programmes at University.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kendrick Academy directly.