Sociology A/S at Samuel Lister Academy
Sociology is the study of society today. Students gain knowledge and understanding of class, gender and ethnicity through analysing family, education, politics and crime.
- Sociology of Families and Households
- Sociology of Education and Research Methods
- Sociology of Power and Politics
- Sociology of Crime and Deviance, Scociological Theory and Research methods.
- GCSE Grade B in English Language
- GCSE Grade B in a Humanities subject.
There is no coursework, exams are taken in May (Year 12).
Sociology is an integral part of many degree courses from Humanities, Business, Law and to Social Sciences and Medicine. Sociologists progress to a variety of careers in management, teaching, medicine and law. It is also a facinating subject for anybody interseted in people.
To succeed you will need to be challenged by a totally new subject. Be prepared to work independently, particularly reading to back up class notes. Be able to research and present findings. Sociology is not an easy option but students gain excellent results if they are prepared to work hard. For further information, please contact Mrs Holden at Aire Valley School.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Samuel Lister Academy directly.