Hairdressing - level 3 NVQ Diploma at Buxton & Leek College
- You can choose to take this course as a full time college course or as an Advanced Apprenticeship, where you study while working in a salon
- You'll develop the creative side of your hairdressing skills
- You'll study salon management
- You'll learn through a mixture of theoretical and practical sessions
- You'll be taught by friendly and enthusiastic staff, who have a wide range of experience in this industry.
You'll study units including:
- Ensure Your Own Actions Reduce the Risk of Health and Safety
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Clients
- Provide Hairdressing Consultation Services
- Creatively Cut Hair Using a Combination of Techniques
- Colour Hair Using a Variety of Techniques
- Creatively Style and Dress Hair
- Creatively Dress Long Hair
- Develop and Enhance Your Creative Hairdressing Skills
- Provide Colour Correction Services.
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing or equivalent qualification
- relevant Functional Skills qualifications.
If you want to take this course as an Advanced Apprenticeship, you'll also need a job in a hair salon.
You will be interviewed, so we can check you've got the right skills for the course.
You'll be continually assessed using a variety of methods, including practical observations, question and answer sessions and assignments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.