Music A level at Shoreham Academy
- Concert opportunities. Opportunities to attend external workshops and masterclasses.
- Skills gained: Independence in creativity, performing, writing and analysis.
- Organisational skills: ability to plan concerts and other Arts events.
- Presentation skills.
AS Subject Content
- Developing Musical Understanding
A2 Subject Content
- Extended Performance
- Composition and Technical Study
- Further Musical Understanding
GCSE Music, grade C or above. You must be grade 5 or above in standard, on a musical instrument /voice.
- Performance: A 5-6 minute assessed performance. 30% of AS, 15% of A2.
- Composing: a) A 3-minute composition based on a Brief from Edexcel, released in September. b) A CD sleeve note. 30% 0f AS, 15% of A2.
- Developing Musical Understanding: A two hour examination, with three sections: Listening, Investigating Musical Styles, Understanding Chords and Lines. 40% of AS, 20% of A2.
- Extended Performance: A 12-15 minute assessed performance. 30% of A2 - 15% of the total GCE marks.
- Composition and Technical Study: Two compositions, or two technical studies, or one of each. 30% of A2 - 15% of the total GCE marks.
- Developing Musical Understanding: A two hour examination with three sections: Aural analysis, Music in context, Continuity and change in instrumental music.
Performer/Accompanist, Composer/Songwriter, Teacher, Music Journalist, Music Therapist, Instrumental Teacher, University Lecturer in specialist musical field, Conductor.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoreham Academy directly.