Agriculture Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in agriculture? Would you like to develop your skills at an advanced level?
This course builds on your existing knowledge of agriculture, preparing you to operate at a management level whilst also understanding the practical aspects. It also provides a vocational route into Higher Education.
The course is suitable for students progressing from Agriculture Level 2, or a Level 2 Work-based course. It is also ideal if you are proceeding from GCSE achievements, or from relevant experience. You will gain valuable hands-on experience, combining studies of livestock, crops and machinery with practical training sessions. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the expertise of our staff.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practically based, with some classroom work to develop understanding
- Bilingual delivery, with learning materials available in Welsh and English
- The Glynllifon site is 750 acres of farm and woodlands, including dairy, sheep, beef, pigs and organic enterprises. You will be working with the farm animals, equipment and specialist agricultural resources to gain skills and knowledge in a realistic setting.
- 4 GCSEs grade C or above which includes Welsh or English language and Mathematics
- Distinction grade in a relevant Level 2 Diploma course
- Suitability to the course displayed in an interview with the course tutor where your experience in the subject area, enthusiasm and willingness to learn will be considered
- Evidence of basic skills ability that will enable the learner to independently cope with the academic requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualification. This evidence can be produced from either previous course work or from an aptitude test. This evidence will be assessed by a member of the College Basic Skills team.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessment for most units
- Written assignments to show your understanding
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options. The qualification is equivalent to 3 A Levels, and many students have progressed into Higher Education to study HNDs, Foundation degrees or Honours degrees.
You could also proceed into employment, and will have the skills to work at an advanced level. You would also have the option of studying a Higher Education course whilst you work. You will be able to discuss your career with your personal tutor or the careers guidance team.
- Agricultural Contractor
- Agricultural Consultant
- Agricultural Trade Salesperson
- Industry Development:
- Farming Connect
- Hybu Cig Cymru
- Dairy Co
- Farm Manager
- Farm Worker
Programme code: 0301A03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.