Art and Design AS Level at Ormiston Sudbury Academy
AS course outline
Component 1: Personal Investigation (50% of AS marks)
- You will have opportunities to generate practical work, ideas and research from primary, secondary and contextual sources. You will experiment with media, processes, and develop your ideas, presenting your outcomes.
- You will submit supporting studies.
Component 2: Externally Set Assignment (50% of AS marks)
- Externally set, broad-based theme. You will have a guided preparatory period, encouraging your independence in the development of ideas, intentions and responses.
- You will create final response(s) to the theme in a sustained focus period of 10 hours.
- You will submit preparatory studies and a practical outcome(s).
B in GCSE Art and Design.
You will be an enthusiastic independent learner with excellent organisational and time management skills keen to extend understanding outside of lessons (galleries, exhibitions, photoshoots etc.)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ormiston Sudbury Academy directly.