BTEC National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 3) at Maltby Academy
National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care - This is equivalent to 3 A Levels and must be studied as a full time qualification.
What is included?
- Human lifespan development (exam)
- Working in Health and Social Care (exam)
- Anatomy and physiology (exam)
- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care (exam)
- Meeting individual care and support needs (coursework)
- Work experience in Health and Social Care (coursework)
- Principles of safe practice in Health and Social care (coursework)
- Promoting public health (coursework)
- Sociological Perspectives (coursework)
- Psychological Perspectives (coursework)
- Supporting individuals with additional needs (coursework)
- Assessing children's development supoort needs (coursework)
- Nutritional Health (coursework)
5 A*-C GCSE grades including English and Maths at grade 5
Application to real life Health and Social Care Sectors
Development of knowledge, skills and experience required for a career in Health and Social Care
External and internal modular assessment; examinations and coursework
This course could lead on to Primary/Secondary Teaching, Social Work, Physiotherapy, Police, Radiography, Nursing, Operating Department Practice, Nursery Teaching, Nursery Nurse.
To find out more about this qualification, contact Mrs Yule at Maltby Academy.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.