Applied Science BTEC Level 3 at Stockton Sixth Form College
Why study Applied Science?
- I enjoy science but don’t want to specialise
- I want a course with more individual work, rather than just exams
- I enjoy practical work.
A vocational course for learners who are interested in pursuing a career in scientific or technical industries. This is a practical course where you will develop your practical techniques in Biological, chemical and physical sciences.
The course consists of units which cover all three sciences, including units in:
- Fundamentals of science
- Working in the science industry
- Scientific practical techniques
- Physiology of human body systems
- Genetics and Genetic engineering
- Biochemistry and Biochemical techniques.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
This course is entirely assessed through coursework, projects and in-class tests.
- Employment in science-based work
- Higher education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.