History A level at Boroughbridge High School
Studying History provides you with a greater insight and understanding of the world you live in, and the defining moments in our world's past.
The course aims to develop your existing historical knowledge and understanding, whilst broadening your awareness of different historical periods, and the people and events who contribute to these contexts.
History is ideal for students who:
- Have an interest in how the world we live in has developed and changed over time
- Have an active interest in investigating and discovering new information
- Enjoy debate and discussion, and like putting forward a well-argued case
- Want to study a subject which values their own judgement
- Want to further their academic or employment opportunities by gathering a range of employable skills
Through the study of history you will gain skills which will help you in your school, and working life. History opens doors to many careers including: lawyers, accountants, journalists, teachers, managers, politicians, television and radio presenters. History is an excellent choice for students wishing to pursue the Russell Group pathways, being respected by universities for the diversity of skills and understanding it provides you with. History is a facilitating subject, meaning it is oftern required by the top universities when applying to study a range of subjects, because of the skill set it brings.
History enables you to:
- Question the world around you
- Put together and present a persuasive argument
- Engage in academic debate
- Investigate something new to find relevant information
- Think critically
- Communicate effectively
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Boroughbridge High School directly.