Extended Project Qualification at Budmouth College
The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) is for students who embrace challenges, and would love to pursue an area of personal interest.
Levels of personal effectiveness and project management skills will be raised.
The EPQ comprises a single piece of work, of the student’s choosing, that shows evidence of planning, preparation, research and autonomous working. The learner will:
• Identify, design, plan and complete a project applying skills
• Obtain, select, analyse and apply information from a range of sources
• Evaluate and present outcomes
• Independent learning, research and action
• Visits, community placements, international outreach
• Teacher-led core skills seminars • Guided learning support sessions
• Interaction with people other than teachers
• Group work, discussions, and presentations
This is a one year course equivalent of half an A level
Grade 5 or above in English GCSE.
• 100% Coursework
• Production Log
• Written Report
What could you be?
A successful, organised student who will have the ‘edge’ in the university interview process and at university itself.
Where could you go?
The importance of this course is advocated by most universities. Bournemouth, Bristol, Cambridge, Oxford and Southampton encourage it strongly.
Recent student destinations:
The majority of EPQ students attend university with this qualification. For example some of our students have gone on to study English, Psychology, Maths, and Geography; another joined The Royal Air Force.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Budmouth College directly.