Physical Education A Level at Sidmouth College
Physical Education is a varied and interesting course which links together the many facets of sporting industry, performance, psychology, biomechanics and human biology.
Paper 1: Factors affecting participation in physical activity and sport
- Section A: Applied anatomy and physiology
- Section a: Skill acquisition
- Section C: Sport and society
Paper 2: Factors affecting optimal performance in physical activity and
- Section A: Exercise physiology and biomechanics
- Secton B: Sport psychology
- Section C: Sport and society and technology in sport
B grade in GCSE PE, English and Science.
Acceptance onto the course without GCSE PE is possible with strong practical performance.
Two written exams of 2 hours; IOS marks each (70% of Final Grade)
Practical Performance and Analysis Evaluation in one sport (30% of Final Grade)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sidmouth College directly.