A Level Biology at St Bede's Catholic College
The AS/A level Biology specification builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills set out in the National Curriculum Key Stage 4 Programme of Study for Double Science.
The specification provides opportunities for candidates to develop further their Key Stage 4 biological knowledge, with certification giving access to higher education, employment and general career development.
AS and A level specifications in biology encourage students to:
• develop essential knowledge and understanding of concepts of biology, and the skills needed for the use of these in new and changing situations;
• develop an understanding of scientific methods;
• be aware of advances in technology, including information technology, relevant to biology;
• recognise the value and responsible use of biology in society;
• Sustain and develop their enjoyment of, and interest in, biology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Bede's Catholic College directly.