Beauty Therapy Intermediate Diploma at Derby College
This is a professional qualification for learners wanting a career in the beauty therapy industry. You will be working towards the City & Guilds VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy – which could be your first step towards a role as a junior beauty therapist within a salon or a health spa.
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
The selection process involves a formal interview, attendance at a taster in beauty therapy and online screening testing in literacy and numeracy. You will need a profile of GCSEs at grades D or above in English and Maths or screening results at Level 1 for literacy and numeracy.
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, written tests, assignments and preparing a portfolio of evidence. Maths and English will be assessed through a controlled assessment or final exam.
A kit and uniform are required for the programme. Details will be available from the curriculum staff during your interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derby College directly.