Health and Social Care A level at The Bourne Academy
This course allows students to build skills as well as technical knowledge. It gives them a broad base of understanding whilst allowing them also to focus on the four specialist areas:
- Early years (Care and Education)
- Care of Older People
- Individuals with Specific Needs
Options for studying particular groups and needs have been embedded within each of the internally assessed units. Each unit consists of an assignment where the students study one of the above areas. To give a balanced programme, we recommend that at least two areas are studied.
- Human Grown and Development (externally assessed)
- Communication and Values (internally assessed)
- Positive Care Environments (internally assessed)
- Meeting Individual Needs (external assessed)
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing (internally assessed)
- Investigating Disease (internally assessed)
Students will need to have five or more A* - C grades at GCSE.
External assessment will be through written examinations, which last an hour and a half.
The GCE in Health and Social Care qualifies for UCAS points. It gives students a wide choice of progression options into further study, training or relevant employment. Students who successfully complete the qualification will be well equipped to move onto degrees, BTEC Higher National Diplomas or NVQs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bourne Academy directly.