Business Studies (Access To Higher Education) at Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College
This module will introduce you to the major activities undertaken within business. If you have ever wondered how management style can affect employee motivation, how to reach potential customers with your marketing or how a firm calculates its profits – this is the course for you! The course will lay the foundations for studying business and/or related courses at a higher level.
No prior study or work experience in business is required.
The course is divided into two units.
Unit 1: Level 3 – 9 Credits
- The Legal Structure of Business Organisations
- Types of Business including public, private and not for profit
- Organisation Structures in Business
- Management and Leadership styles
- Management Competences
- Models of motivation and management
- The Human Resources Functional area: people management techniques
- The importance of recruitment, selection, training, motivation and reward
Unit 2: Level 3 – 9 Credits
- External Influences on Business Organisations
- Business Stakeholders
- The Marketing Function
- Financial Accounting techniques
- Interpretation of Accounts
The usual entry requirement to QE is 5 GCSE grades at C or above including Maths or English. A good number of students study four AS Levels in their first year and to do this we require at least 3B grades and 3C grades at GCSE including Maths and English Language. Students who do not achieve these GCSE grades take fewer subjects at A Level and will be required to do resits in GCSE Maths and English if they have not already achieved a grade C in these core subjects. The College is large enough to have a very flexible timetable that allows students to take almost any combination of subjects at A Level. The advantage of this system is that we can tailor your programme to suit your needs and abilities. We give lots of advice if you decide to apply to the College.
GCSE English grade C or above.
- Written Report
- Class based Phase Test
- Written Report
- Written Exam
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College directly.