First Diploma in ICT at Coleg Sir Gar
- BTEC First Diploma is equivalent to 4 GCSEs at grades A* - C
- Provides a good progression route to more advanced qualifications e.g. BTEC National Certificate/Diploma in IT
- Motivates learners via applied learning and assessment
- Assessed internally through coursework
- Provides education and training for employees working in ICT related occupations
A BTEC First Diploma is a practical, vocational course. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations. The course is made up of six units - 2 core units that everyone takes and 4 specialist units. The specialist units enable you to study a particular area in more depth. The course is being offered on a full-time basis.
You will normally need to have at least one of the following:- A standard of literacy and numeracy supported by a general education equivalent to 2 GCSEs Related work experience. Other related level 1 or 2 qualifications. Entry for mature students without formal qualifications is at the discretion of the faculty.
All units are assessed by coursework and an overall grade is awarded.
With further training or study, students can enter careers such as:- End user support technician and Trainee IT support officer/technician. The course is also a good grounding to progress onto advanced courses such as the BTEC National Diploma in IT.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.