Geography at The Long Eaton School
KEY FEATURES OF THE COURSE:
- BRAND NEW AS/A level course for 2016
- Residential Field Course
- Focus on contemporary issues and possible solutions
- Varied and stimulating approach.
- Fieldwork and research are key components of the course
MODULES/UNITS COVERED IN YEAR 12 (including a brief outline of their content)
Area of Study 1. Dynamic Landscapes
- Topic 1: Tectonic Processes and Hazards.
- Topic 2: Landscape Systems, Processes and Change. A study of either glacial OR coastal landscapes.
Area of Study 2. Dynamic Places
- Topic 3: Globalisation
- Topic 4: Shaping Places. A study of either regenerating places OR diverse places.
MODULES/UNITS COVERED IN YEAR 13 (including a brief outline of their contents)
Area of Study 3. Physical Systems and Sustainability
- Topic 5: The Water Cycle and Water Insecurity
- Topic 6: The Carbon Cycle and Energy Security
- Topic 7: Climate Change Futures
Area of Study 4. Human Systems and Geopolitics
- Topic 8: Superpowers
- Topic 9: Global Development and Connections. Students study either Health, Human Rights and Intervention OR Migration, Identity and Sovereignty.
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT IN YEAR 12
- Paper 1 Exam: 1 hour and 30 minutes 50%
- Paper 2 Exam: 1 hour and 30 minutes 50%
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT IN YEAR 13
- Paper 1 Exam: 1 hour and 30 minutes 30%
- Paper 2 Exam: 1 hour and 30 minutes 30%
- Paper 3 Exam: 1 hour and 45 minutes 20% Coursework 20%
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Long Eaton School directly.