Award/Certificate/Diploma in Childcare and Education Level 3 at Coleg Sir Gar
- A two year internationally recognised qualification where theory and practice are closely integrated.
- A total of 750 hours of practical placement training in a variety of settings will be experienced.
- Bilingual students can complete assignments/work experience in their preferred language.
- Students will be involved in stimulating student centred learning programmes.
- This qualification provides access into employment or a vocational progression route into higher education.
- Students will also receive Basic First Aid and Food Hygiene training.
- Students will also study for the six Key Skills during the two year period.
The Level 3 course provides knowledge and understanding of childcare and education to enable individuals to gain an internationally recognised, vocationally specific qualification to enter employment or higher education. It is an ideal programme for those who have achieved 4 GCSEs at C grades or above or an appropriate Level 2 qualification. Students attend college and placement on alternate weeks throughout the two year programme.
Four GCSEs at C grades or above or appropriate Level 2 qualification at A - A* grade. Mature applicants without formal qualifications might be considered at the discretion of the Course Tutor. Satisfactory interview, reference and enchanced CRB check.
The course is based on continuous assessment. Most assessments are internally marked with one short answer case study and one research project externally marked during the programme.
Successful completion of the ACD Level 3 Diploma can lead to employment with young children in a variety of childcare settings eg. Primary and Nursery Schools, Childrens Centres, Day Nurseries, Additional Needs provisions and Holiday Representatives. The Diploma programme also provides an excellent basis for progression to Higher Education eg. Degrees in Primary Teaching, Social Inclusion, Early Years Foundation/Full Degree programmes and degrees in related topics. If you wish to study for Teaching or Nursing/Midwifery at Higher Education, you must have GCSE English, Maths and Science A* - C grades.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.