Hair, beauty and holistics - VTCT Diploma in Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-Up Level 3 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
This is a technical level qualification for people seeking a career as a theatrical media make-up artist, providing hair and make-up services in the media, theatre, performing arts, fashion and photographic industries.
• Apply airbrush make-up to the face
• Fashion and photographic make-up
• Design and apply face and body art
• Camouflage make-up
• Media make-up
• Style and fit postiche
• Create and cast small prosthetic pieces and bald caps
• Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
• Style and dress hair using various techniques
• Monitor and maintain salon health and safety
• Client care and communication
The purchase of a make-up kit is essential for this course. Personal appearance must reflect industry standards.
Level 2 media makeup qualification and appropriate English and maths.
• Observations of practical ability
• Photographs of work
• Treatment plans
• Written assignments
• External tests
• Mood boards
• Online learning
• Portfolio completion
Working in the theatre, television. TV, as a makeup professional / Progression to HE.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.