Agriculture Level 1 Diploma at Bridgwater College
- Anyone who would like to acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding to work in the Land-based industries.
- Anyone who wants a nationally recognised qualification to work in the Land-based industries.
- Anyone who would like to progress to higher vocational qualifications within their chosen Land-based industry.
This is a level 1 course, which involves classroom-based and practical work with ‘hands on’ experience in a variety of land-based industries. You will complete 7 Units for the full award.
The course features visits and trips related to the course. The aim of the course is to equip you with the knowledge and skills to move into employment at a junior level or to progress to a level 2 vocational course.
Units of Study could include:
- Use Safe and effective working practices in Land-based industries
- Develop performance in Land-based industries
- Use transport and assist with the maintenance of tools and equipment
- Assist with the care of animals
- Assist with the movement, handling and accommodation of animals
- Introduction to crop systems
- Carry out tractor operations
You will need GCSEs in the D - G range or other equivalent qualifications. A genuine interest in the Land-based industries and a willingness to learn is vital. You will be invited to attend an interview to assess your suitability for the course.
Assessment is based on a portfolio of evidence that includes written assignments and practical assessments, and an externally marked ‘online’ assessment.
Progress to full or part-time programmes, e.g. BTEC Level 2 Diploma or Apprenticeship Level 2 (Work based learning).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.