Business Studies OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate at Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College
- It will provide you with the opportunity to develop the essential knowledge and independent study skills necessary for higher education and/or employment
- You will gain a broad understanding of business and then be able to study selected areas in more depth
- You will learn through your own research and investigation; vital for progression onto university or employment
- If you would like to progress to a career in business or take a degree course in business management or related subjects such as economics, accounting, travel and tourism, marketing or events management.
- Unit One – The business environment – includes the different types, ownership, structure and aims and objectives of business and how they are influenced by the wider external environment. The unit also consider the importance of stakeholders and business planning.
- Unit Two – Working in business – this unit will cover the skills and understanding needed to work effectively within a business environment. This includes arranging meetings, working with documents, communicating with stakeholders
- Unit Four – Customers and communication – includes the purpose, methods and importance of communication in business and the appropriateness of different forms of communication for different situations.
There are two additional units and they will be chosen from several optional units such as: Accounting concepts, Human Resources, Marketing and Project mana
A minimum grade 4 in English and Mathematics GCSE.
- Unit One is an external examination taken in May of year one.
- Unit Two is an external examination taken in January or June of year two.
- Unit four and the two optional units are assessed by assignments which are set and marked internally and then moderated by OCR.
- External examinations represent 50% of the course.
- This qualification is graded: Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction* and carries UCAS points.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southfield School for Girls Specialist Sports and Science College directly.