Creative Craft Award using Wood at NewkesUK Ltd
This qualification is available for learners aged pre-16 and above. It aims to enable learners to develop basic skills in a chosen craft area.
The qualification provides learners with underpinning knowledge of the craft process which gives learners the basis for progression onto further study.
This qualification aims to:
- enable learners to develop basic skills in wood craft
- provide learners with underpinning knowledge of the creative process for wood crafts
- provide learners with a basis for progression into further study in wood crafts
The objectives of this qualificationare to help learners to:
- develop a portfolio of work in wood crafts
- use materials, tools and equipment correcyly and safely
- develop an understanding of Health and Safety considerations surrounding wood crafts.
There are three mandatory units:
1. EXPLORE AVAILABLE RESOURCES TO DEVELOP BASIC WOOD CRAFTS SKILLS
2. EXPLORE AND DEVELOP WOOD CRAFTS IDEAS CREATIVELY
3. CREATE, PRESENT AND REVIEW FINAL WOOD CRAFTS ITEM(S)
This course will also develop learners' literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
There are no particular entry requirements. However learners should express an interest for working in this area and be able to work successfully at a Level 1, to fulfil the requirements of assessment.
Assessment measures the candidates skill, knowledge and undertanding against the qualification standards. This award is internally assessed.
Each learner is reguired to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all learning outcomes. The portfolio can capture evidence in a number of exciting ways, like photographs, videos, witness testimonies etc.
Please contact NewlesUK Ltd regarding course costs.
This course develops craft skills using wood and allow progression to Level 2 wood craft courses as well as other Creative Craft qualifications.
Please either contact NewkesUK directly or use the Awarding Body's hyperlink provided, (NCFE).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewkesUK Ltd directly.