Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 at La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls' School
This qualification is for learners 16 years old or over who want to study health science, social care or childcare. Equivalent to 1 A LEVEL.
This qualification isn’t just about caring for babies or the elderly and the ill; it will provide you with the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress into Higher Education on a health and social care-related programme such as Health and Social Care, Nursing, Social Work or Early Childhood Studies.
You will take six units made up of mandatory and optional units: 3 exam units and 2 coursework units.
- Building positive relationships in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Sexual health, reproduction and early development stages
- Public health
50% Coursework and 50% examination.
To science based degrees, nursing, social work or apprenticeships.
Working in stimulating environments such as hospitals, nurseries and care homes. Trips to schools, nurseries, hospices and elderly care homes A four day health and Social care conference at Disneyland resort Paris.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact La Retraite Roman Catholic Girls' School directly.