Food Safety in Catering - Refresher Level 2 at Acacia Training
This qualification is aimed at food handlers in catering businesses who have previously achieved the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, to remind them of their responsibilities towards food safety, to keep their knowledge up to date and become aware of any changes in legislation.Who Should Apply:
Those who have previously achieved the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering, to remind them of their responsibilities and keep their knowledge up-to-date. Candidates must provide evidence of having previously undertaken an passed a Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering. Refresher required 3 yearly.
- Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- Understand the requirements of current Food Legislation.
- Understand the importance of following good personal hygiene habits, and the appropriate use of protective clothing.
- Identify the factors contributing to food contamination and the steps necessary to avoid food poisoning.
- Describe the meaning of safe and hazardous temperature zones and the precautions to be taken in handling and storing high-risk foods.
- Understand the correct procedures for cleaning and disinfection, and safe food storage in ambient and temperature controlled environments
- Be familiar with HACCP from delivery to service
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.